Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 6, 2013 at 5:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 17:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.62 meters/second, 1607.8 km/hour, 999.0 miles/hour or 868.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.2"||998.94 mi||West||0° 10' 24.0"||11.91 mi||North||998.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 27.3"||765.60 mi||East||3° 57' 40.5"||272.23 mi||North||809.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Mon 10:58 AM||3025 km||1880 miles||1634 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 10:58 AM||3182 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City *||Mon 12:58 PM||3359 km||2087 miles||1814 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Mon 10:58 AM||3365 km||2091 miles||1817 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:58 AM||3377 km||2099 miles||1824 nm||W|
|San Francisco *||Mon 10:58 AM||3492 km||2170 miles||1886 nm||N|
|Las Vegas *||Mon 10:58 AM||3500 km||2175 miles||1890 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Mon 9:58 AM||3512 km||2182 miles||1896 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 7:58 AM||3621 km||2250 miles||1955 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:58 AM||3675 km||2284 miles||1984 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.