Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.32 meters/second, 1606.7 km/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.1"||998.34 mi||west||0° 10' 19.7"||11.83 mi||north||998.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 46.6"||765.51 mi||east||3° 55' 34.5"||269.85 mi||north||808.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 9:50 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 9:50 AM||1633 km||1014 miles||882 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:50 AM||2532 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 8:50 AM||2570 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 9:50 AM||2759 km||1714 miles||1489 nm||SSE|
|Apia||Tue 8:50 AM||2970 km||1845 miles||1604 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 9:50 AM||3160 km||1963 miles||1706 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 8:50 AM||3321 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 8:50 AM||3360 km||2088 miles||1814 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Tue 7:50 AM||3361 km||2089 miles||1815 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.