Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 6, 2013 at 9:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.12 meters/second, 1606.0 kilometres/hour, 997.9 miles/hour or 867.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.0"||997.82 mi||West||0° 10' 16.8"||11.77 mi||North||997.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 00.3"||765.37 mi||East||3° 54' 11.3"||268.24 mi||North||807.40 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Mon 9:04 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:04 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:04 AM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:04 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Tue 9:04 AM||1800 km||1118 miles||972 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:04 AM||1824 km||1134 miles||985 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:04 AM||1966 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:04 AM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||NE|
|Apia||Tue 10:04 AM||2315 km||1439 miles||1250 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 10:04 AM||2397 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.