Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.09 meters/second, 1605.9 km/hour, 997.9 miles/hour or 867.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.9"||997.75 mi||west||0° 10' 16.4"||11.77 mi||north||997.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 02.4"||765.36 mi||east||3° 53' 58.4"||268.00 mi||north||807.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 9:14 AM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:14 AM||1472 km||914 miles||795 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:14 AM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:14 AM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:14 AM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:14 AM||2047 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Tue 9:14 AM||2177 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 10:14 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 10:14 AM||2347 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Tue 9:14 AM||2395 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.