Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 21:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 21:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.06 meters/second, 1605.8 km/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.9"||997.76 mi||west||0° 10' 16.0"||11.76 mi||north||997.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 04.4"||765.41 mi||east||3° 53' 46.9"||267.80 mi||north||807.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 9:24 AM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:24 AM||1236 km||768 miles||667 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:24 AM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:24 AM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 9:24 AM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:24 AM||1953 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 9:24 AM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:24 AM||2306 km||1433 miles||1245 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Mon 10:24 AM||2331 km||1448 miles||1259 nm||N|
|Apia||Tue 10:24 AM||2404 km||1494 miles||1298 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.