Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 6, 2013 at 9:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 21:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.06 meters/second, 1605.8 km/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.9"||997.70 mi||West||0° 10' 16.0"||11.76 mi||North||997.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 04.2"||765.35 mi||East||3° 53' 48.2"||267.80 mi||North||807.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Mon 9:24 AM||704 km||438 miles||380 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:24 AM||773 km||480 miles||418 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:24 AM||1261 km||784 miles||681 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:24 AM||1264 km||786 miles||683 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:24 AM||1779 km||1106 miles||961 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:24 AM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 9:24 AM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 9:24 AM||2205 km||1370 miles||1191 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:24 AM||2277 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Mon 10:24 AM||2331 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.