Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 6, 2013 at 9:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.99 meters/second, 1605.6 kilometres/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 866.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.7"||997.54 mi||West||0° 10' 15.0"||11.74 mi||North||997.42 mi|
|24 hours||348° 50' 50.9"||765.33 mi||West||3° 53' 20.3"||267.27 mi||North||807.00 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 9:48 AM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:48 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||SW|
|Tabiteuea||Tue 9:48 AM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||SSW|
|Howland Island||Mon 9:48 AM||1002 km||622 miles||541 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:48 AM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 9:48 AM||1412 km||877 miles||762 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 9:48 AM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:48 AM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 8:48 AM||2083 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:48 AM||2252 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.