Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 6, 2013 at 10:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.92 meters/second, 1605.3 km/hour, 997.5 miles/hour or 866.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.7"||997.38 mi||West||0° 10' 13.9"||11.72 mi||North||997.26 mi|
|24 hours||348° 50' 45.6"||765.31 mi||West||3° 52' 50.1"||266.70 mi||North||806.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 10:14 AM||77 km||48 miles||42 nm||ESE|
|Kwajalein||Tue 10:14 AM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Tue 10:14 AM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 10:14 AM||964 km||599 miles||520 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Tue 9:14 AM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Tue 10:14 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:14 AM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:14 AM||1986 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 9:14 AM||2201 km||1368 miles||1188 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 11:14 AM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.