Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 6, 2013 at 10:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 22:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.82 meters/second, 1605.0 kilometres/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.5"||997.16 mi||West||0° 10' 12.6"||11.69 mi||North||997.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 21.5"||765.28 mi||East||3° 52' 10.1"||265.93 mi||North||806.45 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tofol||Tue 9:48 AM||236 km||146 miles||127 nm||SSE|
|Kolonia||Tue 9:48 AM||473 km||294 miles||256 nm||W|
|Palikir||Tue 9:48 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||W|
|Kwajalein||Tue 10:48 AM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Tue 10:48 AM||984 km||612 miles||531 nm||E|
|Yaren||Tue 10:48 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 10:48 AM||1342 km||834 miles||724 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Tue 10:48 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Tue 9:48 AM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 8:48 AM||2053 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.