Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.67 meters/second, 1604.4 km/hour, 996.9 miles/hour or 866.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.61 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||north||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.4"||996.83 mi||west||0° 10' 10.5"||11.65 mi||north||996.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 32.5"||765.23 mi||east||3° 51' 09.5"||264.78 mi||north||805.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Tue 9:38 AM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Tue 9:38 AM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Tue 10:38 AM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||E|
|Saipan||Tue 9:38 AM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Tue 8:38 AM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Tue 8:38 AM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Tue 9:38 AM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 8:38 AM||2008 km||1247 miles||1084 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Tue 11:38 AM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Tue 10:38 AM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.