Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 00:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.59 meters/second, 1604.1 kilometres/hour, 996.8 miles/hour or 866.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.3"||996.63 mi||West||0° 10' 09.3"||11.63 mi||North||996.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 38.8"||765.21 mi||East||3° 50' 34.9"||264.12 mi||North||805.73 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colonia||Tue 10:08 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 10:08 AM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||NNE|
|Saipan||Tue 10:08 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||NNE|
|Melekeok||Tue 9:08 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||W|
|Koror||Tue 9:08 AM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||W|
|Weno||Tue 10:08 AM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||E|
|Jayapura||Tue 9:08 AM||1154 km||717 miles||623 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 9:08 AM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 11:08 AM||1666 km||1035 miles||899 nm||E|
|Davao||Tue 8:08 AM||1931 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.