Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 1:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 01:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.29 meters/second, 1603.0 km/hour, 996.1 miles/hour or 865.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.8"||995.96 mi||West||0° 10' 05.0"||11.55 mi||North||995.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 02.2"||765.14 mi||East||3° 48' 33.2"||261.80 mi||North||804.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Tue 9:48 AM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||N|
|Zamboanga City||Tue 9:48 AM||371 km||231 miles||200 nm||ESE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 9:48 AM||374 km||233 miles||202 nm||SW|
|Iloilo City||Tue 9:48 AM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||NE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 9:48 AM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||SW|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 9:48 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||SW|
|Marawi City||Tue 9:48 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||E|
|Cebu City||Tue 9:48 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 9:48 AM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||SW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Tue 9:48 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.