Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 2:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.24 meters/second, 1602.9 km/hour, 996.0 miles/hour or 865.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.8"||995.85 mi||West||0° 10' 04.2"||11.54 mi||North||995.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 06.0"||765.13 mi||East||3° 48' 13.6"||261.43 mi||North||804.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 10:04 AM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||SSE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 10:04 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||S|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 10:04 AM||349 km||217 miles||189 nm||S|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 10:04 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||SSW|
|Miri||Tue 10:04 AM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||SSW|
|Puerto Princesa||Tue 10:04 AM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||ENE|
|Nha Trang||Tue 9:04 AM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||NW|
|Kuching||Tue 10:04 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||SW|
|Bacolod||Tue 10:04 AM||926 km||576 miles||500 nm||ENE|
|Ho Chi Minh||Tue 9:04 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.