Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.18 meters/second, 1602.6 km/hour, 995.8 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.60 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||north||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.7"||995.71 mi||west||0° 10' 03.3"||11.52 mi||north||995.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 11.0"||765.12 mi||east||3° 47' 48.9"||260.96 mi||north||804.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nha Trang||Tue 9:24 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||NNW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Tue 9:24 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||NW|
|Cần Thơ||Tue 9:24 AM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||WNW|
|Miri||Tue 10:24 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||SE|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 10:24 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||SE|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 10:24 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||SE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 10:24 AM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||ESE|
|Phnom Penh||Tue 9:24 AM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||NW|
|Kuching||Tue 10:24 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||S|
|Pontianak||Tue 9:24 AM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.