Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.18 meters/second, 1602.6 km/hour, 995.8 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.7"||995.71 mi||West||0° 10' 03.3"||11.52 mi||North||995.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 11.0"||765.12 mi||East||3° 47' 48.9"||260.96 mi||North||804.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nha Trang||Tue 9:24 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||NNW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Tue 9:24 AM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||NW|
|Cần Thơ||Tue 9:24 AM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||WNW|
|Miri||Tue 10:24 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||SE|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 10:24 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||SE|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 10:24 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||SE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 10:24 AM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||ESE|
|Phnom Penh||Tue 9:24 AM||695 km||432 miles||376 nm||NW|
|Kuching||Tue 10:24 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||S|
|Sihanoukville||Tue 9:24 AM||783 km||486 miles||423 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.