Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.96 meters/second, 1601.9 kilometres/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.2"||995.22 mi||West||0° 10' 00.4"||11.46 mi||North||995.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 28.6"||765.09 mi||East||3° 46' 21.4"||259.29 mi||North||803.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Banda Aceh||Tue 10:34 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||SE|
|Port Blair||Tue 9:04 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||N|
|Phuket||Tue 10:34 AM||575 km||357 miles||311 nm||E|
|Medan||Tue 10:34 AM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||SE|
|Ipoh||Tue 11:34 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||ESE|
|Bangkok||Tue 10:34 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||NE|
|Yangon||Tue 10:04 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||NNE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 11:34 AM||1095 km||681 miles||591 nm||ESE|
|Naypyidaw||Tue 10:04 AM||1316 km||818 miles||711 nm||NNE|
|Phnom Penh||Tue 10:34 AM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.