Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 4:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 04:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.72 meters/second, 1601.0 km/hour, 994.8 miles/hour or 864.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 09.8"||994.69 mi||West||0° 09' 57.0"||11.40 mi||North||994.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 48.0"||765.06 mi||East||3° 44' 47.6"||257.50 mi||North||803.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kollam||Tue 10:18 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||ENE|
|Alappuzha||Tue 10:18 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||NE|
|Tiruvalla||Tue 10:18 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Tue 10:18 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||E|
|Kottayam||Tue 10:18 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||NE|
|Pathanamthitta||Tue 10:18 AM||194 km||120 miles||104 nm||ENE|
|Kochi||Tue 10:18 AM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||NNE|
|Courtallam||Tue 10:18 AM||229 km||143 miles||124 nm||ENE|
|Thodupuzha||Tue 10:18 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||NE|
|Tenkasi||Tue 10:18 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.