Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 5:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 05:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.56 meters/second, 1600.4 km/hour, 994.5 miles/hour or 864.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 09.4"||994.33 mi||West||0° 09' 54.7"||11.35 mi||North||994.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 01.5"||765.04 mi||East||3° 43' 43.4"||256.28 mi||North||802.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Male||Tue 10:38 AM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||ESE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Tue 11:08 AM||1520 km||944 miles||821 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Tue 11:08 AM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||NE|
|Pune||Tue 11:08 AM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||NE|
|Bengaluru||Tue 11:08 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||ENE|
|Madurai||Tue 11:08 AM||1652 km||1027 miles||892 nm||E|
|Victoria||Tue 9:38 AM||1687 km||1049 miles||911 nm||SSW|
|Muscat||Tue 9:38 AM||1738 km||1080 miles||938 nm||NNW|
|Surat||Tue 11:08 AM||1742 km||1082 miles||941 nm||NE|
|Colombo||Tue 11:08 AM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.