Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 9:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 09:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.76 meters/second, 1597.5 km/hour, 992.7 miles/hour or 862.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.5"||992.53 mi||West||0° 09' 43.5"||11.14 mi||North||992.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 11.0"||765.01 mi||East||3° 38' 28.6"||250.28 mi||North||800.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Abuja||Tue 10:36 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||E|
|Kaduna||Tue 10:36 AM||260 km||161 miles||140 nm||NE|
|Ibadan||Tue 10:36 AM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||SW|
|Parakou||Tue 10:36 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||W|
|Benin City||Tue 10:36 AM||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||S|
|Zaria||Tue 10:36 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||NE|
|Abeokuta||Tue 10:36 AM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||SW|
|Kandi||Tue 10:36 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||NW|
|Savé||Tue 10:36 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||WSW|
|Makurdi||Tue 10:36 AM||371 km||231 miles||201 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.