Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.23 meters/second, 1595.6 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.1"||991.34 mi||west||0° 09' 35.8"||10.99 mi||north||991.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 59.1"||765.02 mi||east||3° 34' 59.8"||246.30 mi||north||799.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Tue 11:08 AM||1034 km||643 miles||558 nm||NE|
|Dakar||Tue 12:08 PM||1614 km||1003 miles||871 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Tue 12:08 PM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Tue 9:08 AM||1681 km||1044 miles||908 nm||SSW|
|Bissau||Tue 12:08 PM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Tue 12:08 PM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Tue 12:08 PM||1935 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||E|
|Freetown||Tue 12:08 PM||1994 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||E|
|Recife||Tue 9:08 AM||1996 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Tue 9:08 AM||2260 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.