Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.23 meters/second, 1595.6 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.1"||991.40 mi||west||0° 09' 35.8"||10.99 mi||north||991.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 59.4"||765.07 mi||east||3° 34' 58.3"||246.29 mi||north||799.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Tue 11:08 AM||1058 km||658 miles||571 nm||NE|
|Dakar||Tue 12:08 PM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Tue 9:08 AM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||SSW|
|Banjul||Tue 12:08 PM||1694 km||1052 miles||915 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Tue 12:08 PM||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Tue 12:08 PM||1931 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Tue 12:08 PM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||E|
|Recife||Tue 9:08 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||S|
|Freetown||Tue 12:08 PM||2024 km||1257 miles||1093 nm||E|
|Belém||Tue 9:08 AM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.