Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.12 meters/second, 1595.2 km/hour, 991.2 miles/hour or 861.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.9"||991.16 mi||west||0° 09' 34.4"||10.97 mi||north||990.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 09.3"||765.08 mi||east||3° 34' 16.5"||245.49 mi||north||799.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Tue 9:38 AM||1486 km||923 miles||802 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Tue 9:38 AM||1575 km||979 miles||851 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 9:38 AM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||SW|
|Praia||Tue 11:38 AM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||ENE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 9:38 AM||1847 km||1147 miles||997 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Tue 9:38 AM||2016 km||1253 miles||1088 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Tue 8:38 AM||2148 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Tue 8:38 AM||2294 km||1425 miles||1239 nm||WNW|
|Dakar||Tue 12:38 PM||2397 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||ENE|
|Castries||Tue 8:38 AM||2455 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.