Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.12 meters/second, 1595.2 km/hour, 991.2 miles/hour or 861.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.9"||991.10 mi||west||0° 09' 34.4"||10.97 mi||north||990.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 08.8"||765.02 mi||east||3° 34' 18.0"||245.50 mi||north||799.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Tue 9:38 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Tue 9:38 AM||1603 km||996 miles||866 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 9:38 AM||1647 km||1024 miles||890 nm||SW|
|Praia||Tue 11:38 AM||1740 km||1081 miles||939 nm||ENE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 9:38 AM||1875 km||1165 miles||1013 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Tue 9:38 AM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Tue 8:38 AM||2177 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Tue 8:38 AM||2323 km||1444 miles||1254 nm||WNW|
|Dakar||Tue 12:38 PM||2368 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Tue 12:38 PM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.