Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.08 meters/second, 1595.1 km/hour, 991.1 miles/hour or 861.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.8"||991.01 mi||west||0° 09' 33.8"||10.96 mi||north||990.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 12.6"||765.03 mi||east||3° 34' 02.4"||245.20 mi||north||799.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 9:48 AM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 9:48 AM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 9:48 AM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 9:48 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||WSW|
|Georgetown||Tue 8:48 AM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||W|
|Praia||Tue 11:48 AM||2017 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||ENE|
|Bridgetown||Tue 8:48 AM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Tue 9:48 AM||2094 km||1301 miles||1131 nm||SSE|
|Castries||Tue 8:48 AM||2196 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Tue 8:48 AM||2207 km||1371 miles||1192 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.