Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.09 meters/second, 1595.1 km/hour, 991.2 miles/hour or 861.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.8"||991.02 mi||West||0° 09' 33.9"||10.96 mi||North||990.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 12.2"||765.03 mi||East||3° 34' 03.9"||245.23 mi||North||799.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 9:48 AM||1355 km||842 miles||731 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 9:48 AM||1484 km||922 miles||801 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 9:48 AM||1512 km||939 miles||816 nm||S|
|Paramaribo||Tue 9:48 AM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||WSW|
|Georgetown||Tue 8:48 AM||1914 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||W|
|Praia||Tue 11:48 AM||1990 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||ENE|
|Bridgetown||Tue 8:48 AM||2063 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Tue 9:48 AM||2079 km||1292 miles||1122 nm||SSE|
|Castries||Tue 8:48 AM||2225 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Tue 8:48 AM||2236 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.