Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.05 meters/second, 1595.0 km/hour, 991.1 miles/hour or 861.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.6"||991.00 mi||west||0° 09' 33.3"||10.95 mi||north||990.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 15.8"||765.08 mi||east||3° 33' 48.3"||244.95 mi||north||798.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 9:58 AM||1089 km||676 miles||588 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 9:58 AM||1334 km||829 miles||720 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 9:58 AM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 9:58 AM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Tue 8:58 AM||1623 km||1009 miles||876 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Tue 8:58 AM||1774 km||1102 miles||958 nm||WNW|
|Castries||Tue 8:58 AM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Tue 8:58 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 8:58 AM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 8:58 AM||1963 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.