Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 15:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 15:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.56 meters/second, 1593.2 km/hour, 990.0 miles/hour or 860.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.50 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.1"||989.82 mi||west||0° 09' 26.3"||10.81 mi||north||989.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 01.6"||765.06 mi||east||3° 30' 36.2"||241.27 mi||north||797.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cartagena||Tue 10:14 AM||99 km||61 miles||53 nm||ENE|
|Montería||Tue 10:14 AM||158 km||98 miles||86 nm||SSE|
|Barranquilla||Tue 10:14 AM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||ENE|
|Panama||Tue 10:14 AM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||WSW|
|Medellin||Tue 10:14 AM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||SSE|
|Bucaramanga||Tue 10:14 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||SE|
|Cúcuta||Tue 10:14 AM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||ESE|
|Maracaibo||Tue 10:44 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||E|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Tue 10:14 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||WSW|
|Manizales||Tue 10:14 AM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.