Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 4:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 16:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.21 meters/second, 1591.9 km/hour, 989.2 miles/hour or 859.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 03.2"||989.04 mi||West||0° 09' 21.3"||10.72 mi||North||988.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 34.6"||765.10 mi||East||3° 28' 19.8"||238.67 mi||North||796.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa María Huatulco *||Tue 11:48 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco *||Tue 11:48 AM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||N|
|Oaxaca *||Tue 11:48 AM||790 km||491 miles||426 nm||NNE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez *||Tue 11:48 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||NE|
|Mexico City *||Tue 11:48 AM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||N|
|Escuintla||Tue 10:48 AM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||ENE|
|Veracruz *||Tue 11:48 AM||1033 km||642 miles||558 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 10:48 AM||1050 km||653 miles||567 nm||ENE|
|Santa Ana||Tue 10:48 AM||1121 km||697 miles||605 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Tue 10:48 AM||1147 km||713 miles||620 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.