Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.19 meters/second, 1588.3 km/hour, 986.9 miles/hour or 857.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.45 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.9"||986.81 mi||west||0° 09' 06.5"||10.44 mi||north||986.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 12.7"||765.28 mi||east||3° 21' 39.6"||231.06 mi||north||794.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:14 AM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:14 AM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:14 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||993 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 10:14 AM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:14 AM||2398 km||1490 miles||1295 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 9:14 AM||2768 km||1720 miles||1495 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 9:14 AM||2773 km||1723 miles||1497 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:14 AM||2860 km||1777 miles||1544 nm||SW|
|Apia||Wed 10:14 AM||2884 km||1792 miles||1557 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 9:14 AM||3292 km||2046 miles||1778 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.