Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 22:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 22:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.90 meters/second, 1587.2 km/hour, 986.3 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 58.8"||986.09 mi||west||0° 09' 02.4"||10.36 mi||north||985.89 mi|
|24 hours||348° 43' 18.9"||765.27 mi||west||3° 19' 45.6"||228.87 mi||north||794.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 10:28 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:28 AM||1227 km||762 miles||662 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:28 AM||1353 km||841 miles||731 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Wed 10:28 AM||1528 km||950 miles||825 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Wed 10:28 AM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 11:28 AM||1938 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:28 AM||2185 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||S|
|Palikir||Wed 9:28 AM||2253 km||1400 miles||1216 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:28 AM||2559 km||1590 miles||1382 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Tue 12:28 PM||2787 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.