Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 11:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.62 meters/second, 1586.2 km/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.9"||985.48 mi||West||0° 08' 58.3"||10.28 mi||North||985.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 07.6"||765.31 mi||East||3° 17' 58.5"||226.82 mi||North||793.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kolonia||Wed 10:38 AM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 10:38 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Kwajalein||Wed 11:38 AM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Wed 11:38 AM||1033 km||642 miles||558 nm||NNE|
|Majuro||Wed 11:38 AM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Wed 11:38 AM||1449 km||900 miles||782 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Wed 11:38 AM||1681 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 9:38 AM||1837 km||1142 miles||992 nm||W|
|Honiara||Wed 10:38 AM||2309 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 11:38 AM||2729 km||1696 miles||1474 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.