Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 11:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.58 meters/second, 1586.1 kilometres/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.8"||985.39 mi||West||0° 08' 57.7"||10.27 mi||North||985.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 11.5"||765.32 mi||East||3° 17' 42.8"||226.52 mi||North||793.48 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kolonia||Wed 10:48 AM||501 km||312 miles||271 nm||S|
|Palikir||Wed 10:48 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||SSW|
|Weno||Wed 9:48 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||WSW|
|Kwajalein||Wed 11:48 AM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Wed 11:48 AM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Wed 11:48 AM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 9:48 AM||1576 km||979 miles||851 nm||W|
|Yaren||Wed 11:48 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Wed 11:48 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Wed 10:48 AM||2307 km||1433 miles||1246 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.