Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.38 meters/second, 1585.4 km/hour, 985.1 miles/hour or 856.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||north||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.1"||984.94 mi||west||0° 08' 54.9"||10.21 mi||north||984.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 31.1"||765.35 mi||east||3° 16' 24.0"||225.02 mi||north||793.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 10:38 AM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||NW|
|Saipan||Wed 10:38 AM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Wed 11:38 AM||1330 km||827 miles||718 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Wed 9:38 AM||1429 km||888 miles||771 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Wed 9:38 AM||1705 km||1059 miles||921 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Wed 9:38 AM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Wed 12:38 PM||2275 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Wed 10:38 AM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 12:38 PM||2577 km||1601 miles||1391 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Wed 12:38 PM||2702 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.