Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 02:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 02:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.86 meters/second, 1583.5 km/hour, 983.9 miles/hour or 855.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.40 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 55.1"||983.83 mi||west||0° 08' 47.1"||10.07 mi||north||983.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 23.3"||765.49 mi||east||3° 12' 54.9"||221.05 mi||north||792.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 10:48 AM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||ESE|
|Olongapo||Wed 10:48 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||ENE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 10:48 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||S|
|Nha Trang||Wed 9:48 AM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||W|
|Angeles||Wed 10:48 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||ENE|
|Makati||Wed 10:48 AM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||ENE|
|Manila||Wed 10:48 AM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||ENE|
|Quezon||Wed 10:48 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||ENE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 10:48 AM||767 km||476 miles||414 nm||S|
|Baguio City||Wed 10:48 AM||768 km||477 miles||415 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.