Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 4:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 04:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.41 meters/second, 1581.9 km/hour, 982.9 miles/hour or 854.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.6"||982.76 mi||West||0° 08' 40.5"||9.94 mi||North||982.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 07.3"||765.52 mi||East||3° 09' 58.2"||217.66 mi||North||791.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Wed 10:08 AM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||E|
|Visakhapatnam||Wed 10:08 AM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||NW|
|Kalmunai||Wed 10:08 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||WSW|
|Chennai||Wed 10:08 AM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||W|
|Yangon||Wed 11:08 AM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||NE|
|Bhubaneshwar||Wed 10:08 AM||955 km||594 miles||516 nm||NNW|
|Banda Aceh||Wed 11:38 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||SE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Wed 10:08 AM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||WSW|
|Colombo||Wed 10:08 AM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||WSW|
|Naypyidaw||Wed 11:08 AM||1145 km||712 miles||618 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.