Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 10:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.88 meters/second, 1576.4 km/hour, 979.5 miles/hour or 851.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.7"||979.38 mi||west||0° 08' 16.9"||9.49 mi||north||979.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 41.2"||765.85 mi||east||2° 59' 35.4"||205.80 mi||north||788.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouagadougou||Wed 10:48 AM||89 km||55 miles||48 nm||SW|
|Dori||Wed 10:48 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||NE|
|Ouahigouya||Wed 10:48 AM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||WNW|
|Koudougou||Wed 10:48 AM||168 km||105 miles||91 nm||WSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Wed 10:48 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||SE|
|Mango||Wed 10:48 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||SSE|
|Niamey||Wed 11:48 AM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||E|
|Natitingou||Wed 11:48 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||SE|
|Tamale||Wed 10:48 AM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||S|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Wed 10:48 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.