Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 10:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.88 meters/second, 1576.4 km/hour, 979.5 miles/hour or 851.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.32 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.7"||979.32 mi||west||0° 08' 17.1"||9.49 mi||north||979.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 40.6"||765.80 mi||east||2° 59' 37.4"||205.82 mi||north||788.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouagadougou||Wed 10:48 AM||110 km||68 miles||59 nm||SW|
|Dori||Wed 10:48 AM||138 km||86 miles||74 nm||NE|
|Fada N'gourma||Wed 10:48 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||SE|
|Ouahigouya||Wed 10:48 AM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||WNW|
|Koudougou||Wed 10:48 AM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||WSW|
|Niamey||Wed 11:48 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||E|
|Mango||Wed 10:48 AM||321 km||200 miles||174 nm||SSE|
|Natitingou||Wed 11:48 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||SE|
|Tamale||Wed 10:48 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||S|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Wed 10:48 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.