Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 21:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 21:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.14 meters/second, 1566.5 km/hour, 973.4 miles/hour or 845.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.6"||973.16 mi||west||0° 07' 32.9"||8.65 mi||north||972.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 14.2"||766.24 mi||east||2° 40' 18.9"||183.72 mi||north||783.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Wed 11:36 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Wed 11:36 AM||762 km||473 miles||411 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:36 AM||1390 km||864 miles||751 nm||S|
|Midway||Wed 10:36 AM||2545 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:36 AM||2603 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:36 AM||3029 km||1882 miles||1635 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Thu 10:36 AM||3491 km||2169 miles||1885 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 9:36 AM||3496 km||2172 miles||1888 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 9:36 AM||3534 km||2196 miles||1908 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 9:36 AM||3600 km||2237 miles||1944 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.