Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 9:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.09 meters/second, 1566.3 km/hour, 973.3 miles/hour or 845.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.3"||973.05 mi||West||0° 07' 32.0"||8.63 mi||North||972.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 19.1"||766.25 mi||East||2° 39' 56.7"||183.29 mi||North||783.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 11:48 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:48 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Wed 10:48 AM||2310 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:48 AM||2358 km||1465 miles||1273 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:48 AM||2884 km||1792 miles||1557 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 9:48 AM||3172 km||1971 miles||1712 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 9:48 AM||3246 km||2017 miles||1753 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Thu 10:48 AM||3364 km||2090 miles||1816 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 9:48 AM||3384 km||2103 miles||1827 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Thu 9:48 AM||3529 km||2193 miles||1906 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.