Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 10:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.87 meters/second, 1565.5 km/hour, 972.8 miles/hour or 845.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.5"||972.57 mi||West||0° 07' 28.4"||8.56 mi||North||972.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 40.1"||766.28 mi||East||2° 38' 23.5"||181.52 mi||North||782.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Wed 11:38 AM||1588 km||987 miles||857 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:38 AM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:38 PM||1737 km||1079 miles||938 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Thu 10:38 AM||1929 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:38 AM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:38 PM||2194 km||1363 miles||1185 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Thu 10:38 AM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:38 AM||2651 km||1647 miles||1431 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:38 AM||2706 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 10:38 AM||2801 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.