Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 10:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 22:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.83 meters/second, 1565.4 kilometres/hour, 972.7 miles/hour or 845.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.3"||972.48 mi||West||0° 07' 27.7"||8.55 mi||North||972.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 44.2"||766.28 mi||East||2° 38' 05.0"||181.16 mi||North||782.68 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Wed 11:48 AM||1528 km||949 miles||825 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:48 AM||1599 km||993 miles||863 nm||S|
|Majuro||Thu 10:48 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:48 AM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:48 PM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||ENE|
|Wake Island||Thu 10:48 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1087 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:48 PM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Thu 10:48 AM||2593 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:48 AM||2632 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:48 AM||2683 km||1667 miles||1449 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.