Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 10:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 22:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.79 meters/second, 1565.2 kilometres/hour, 972.6 miles/hour or 845.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.1"||972.38 mi||West||0° 07' 26.9"||8.54 mi||North||972.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 48.4"||766.29 mi||East||2° 37' 46.2"||180.81 mi||North||782.61 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Thu 10:58 AM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Wed 11:58 AM||1507 km||936 miles||814 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:58 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Thu 10:58 AM||1764 km||1096 miles||953 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:58 AM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Wed 12:58 PM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Thu 10:58 AM||2397 km||1490 miles||1294 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:58 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:58 PM||2628 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:58 AM||2741 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.