Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 00:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 00:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.49 meters/second, 1564.2 km/hour, 971.9 miles/hour or 844.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.9"||971.72 mi||west||0° 07' 21.8"||8.44 mi||north||971.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 17.5"||766.32 mi||east||2° 35' 34.9"||178.30 mi||north||782.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 12:08 PM||516 km||320 miles||278 nm||NNE|
|Majuro||Thu 12:08 PM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Thu 11:08 AM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:08 PM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 12:08 PM||1697 km||1054 miles||916 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 10:08 AM||2249 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||W|
|Midway||Wed 1:08 PM||2309 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:08 PM||2551 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Thu 11:08 AM||2744 km||1705 miles||1482 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:08 PM||2983 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.