Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 00:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 00:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.45 meters/second, 1564.0 km/hour, 971.8 miles/hour or 844.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.6"||971.62 mi||west||0° 07' 21.1"||8.43 mi||north||971.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 21.8"||766.33 mi||east||2° 35' 16.1"||177.94 mi||north||782.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 12:18 PM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Thu 11:18 AM||1023 km||636 miles||553 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 12:18 PM||1220 km||758 miles||659 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Thu 12:18 PM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:18 PM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 10:18 AM||1988 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||W|
|Midway||Wed 1:18 PM||2504 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Thu 11:18 AM||2699 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:18 PM||2764 km||1717 miles||1492 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:18 PM||3129 km||1944 miles||1689 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.