Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.40 meters/second, 1563.9 km/hour, 971.7 miles/hour or 844.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.5"||971.59 mi||west||0° 07' 20.4"||8.41 mi||north||971.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 26.3"||766.39 mi||east||2° 34' 55.1"||177.55 mi||north||781.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 12:28 PM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Thu 11:28 AM||905 km||563 miles||489 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 12:28 PM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 10:28 AM||1699 km||1056 miles||917 nm||W|
|Yaren||Thu 12:28 PM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:28 PM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Thu 11:28 AM||2679 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||S|
|Midway||Wed 1:28 PM||2730 km||1696 miles||1474 nm||NE|
|Melekeok||Thu 9:28 AM||2929 km||1820 miles||1582 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:28 PM||3011 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.