Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 00:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 00:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.32 meters/second, 1563.6 km/hour, 971.5 miles/hour or 844.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.19 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.2"||971.40 mi||west||0° 07' 18.9"||8.38 mi||north||971.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 34.5"||766.39 mi||east||2° 34' 17.3"||176.83 mi||north||781.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Thu 11:48 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 10:48 AM||1179 km||733 miles||637 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Thu 12:48 PM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Thu 12:48 PM||1905 km||1184 miles||1028 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Thu 12:48 PM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:48 PM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Thu 9:48 AM||2427 km||1508 miles||1311 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 9:48 AM||2526 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||SW|
|Honiara||Thu 11:48 AM||2726 km||1694 miles||1472 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Thu 9:48 AM||2802 km||1741 miles||1513 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.