Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.16 meters/second, 1563.0 km/hour, 971.2 miles/hour or 843.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.19 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||north||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.4"||970.96 mi||west||0° 07' 16.1"||8.33 mi||north||970.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 50.6"||766.36 mi||east||2° 33' 03.6"||175.41 mi||north||781.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 11:28 AM||56 km||35 miles||30 nm||NW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 11:28 AM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Thu 10:28 AM||1504 km||934 miles||812 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Thu 12:28 PM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Thu 10:28 AM||2022 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Thu 10:28 AM||2196 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Thu 1:28 PM||2230 km||1386 miles||1204 nm||ENE|
|Yokohama||Thu 10:28 AM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 10:28 AM||2391 km||1486 miles||1291 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Thu 10:28 AM||2428 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.