Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.66 meters/second, 1554.0 km/hour, 965.6 miles/hour or 839.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||north||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.8"||965.35 mi||west||0° 06' 30.2"||7.46 mi||north||965.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 48.4"||766.48 mi||east||2° 13' 30.5"||153.02 mi||north||777.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Thu 11:28 AM||238 km||148 miles||128 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Thu 12:28 PM||323 km||201 miles||174 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 11:28 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 11:28 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 11:28 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Thu 11:28 AM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||SW|
|Sokoto||Thu 12:28 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||ESE|
|Kandi||Thu 12:28 PM||599 km||372 miles||324 nm||SSE|
|Mango||Thu 11:28 AM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||S|
|Natitingou||Thu 12:28 PM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.