Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.62 meters/second, 1553.8 km/hour, 965.5 miles/hour or 839.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||north||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.5"||965.33 mi||west||0° 06' 29.5"||7.44 mi||north||965.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 52.0"||766.54 mi||east||2° 13' 10.3"||152.65 mi||north||777.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Thu 11:38 AM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||WNW|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 11:38 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Thu 11:38 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||S|
|Niamey||Thu 12:38 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Thu 11:38 AM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||SW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 11:38 AM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||SSW|
|Sikasso||Thu 11:38 AM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||SW|
|Mango||Thu 11:38 AM||679 km||422 miles||366 nm||SSE|
|Tamale||Thu 11:38 AM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||S|
|Kandi||Thu 12:38 PM||748 km||464 miles||404 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.