Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.54 meters/second, 1553.5 km/hour, 965.3 miles/hour or 838.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.3"||965.09 mi||West||0° 06' 28.0"||7.41 mi||North||964.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 59.2"||766.48 mi||East||2° 12' 32.5"||151.91 mi||North||777.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Thu 11:58 AM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||ENE|
|Koutiala||Thu 11:58 AM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||SSE|
|Bamako||Thu 11:58 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||SSW|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 11:58 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||ESE|
|Sikasso||Thu 11:58 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||S|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 11:58 AM||590 km||366 miles||318 nm||SSE|
|Tidjikja||Thu 11:58 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||WNW|
|Koudougou||Thu 11:58 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 11:58 AM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||SE|
|Dori||Thu 11:58 AM||715 km||445 miles||386 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.