Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 12:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 12:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.46 meters/second, 1553.2 kilometres/hour, 965.1 miles/hour or 838.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 20.8"||964.90 mi||West||0° 06' 26.4"||7.38 mi||North||964.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 06.7"||766.48 mi||East||2° 11' 52.4"||151.15 mi||North||776.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Thu 12:18 PM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||N|
|Tambacounda||Thu 12:18 PM||377 km||234 miles||203 nm||SW|
|Rosso||Thu 12:18 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||W|
|Bamako||Thu 12:18 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||SE|
|Touba||Thu 12:18 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||WSW|
|Gabú||Thu 12:18 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||SW|
|Nouakchott||Thu 12:18 PM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||WNW|
|Farafenni||Thu 12:18 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||WSW|
|Saint-Louis||Thu 12:18 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||W|
|Bafatá||Thu 12:18 PM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.