Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 22:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.07 meters/second, 1544.7 km/hour, 959.8 miles/hour or 834.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.6"||959.55 mi||West||0° 05' 36.9"||6.44 mi||North||959.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 35.4"||766.21 mi||East||1° 50' 58.1"||127.20 mi||North||772.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 12:28 PM||468 km||291 miles||252 nm||NNE|
|Wailuku||Thu 12:28 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||NNE|
|Hilo||Thu 12:28 PM||482 km||300 miles||260 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:28 PM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 11:28 AM||2260 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:28 AM||2699 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:28 AM||3238 km||2012 miles||1748 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 10:28 AM||3426 km||2129 miles||1850 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:28 AM||3545 km||2203 miles||1914 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 10:28 AM||3656 km||2271 miles||1974 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.