Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 00:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.70 meters/second, 1543.3 km/hour, 959.0 miles/hour or 833.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.1"||958.71 mi||West||0° 05' 28.6"||6.28 mi||North||958.49 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 54.1"||766.13 mi||West||1° 47' 27.7"||123.18 mi||North||772.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 12:08 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:08 PM||1288 km||800 miles||695 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 1:08 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:08 PM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:08 PM||2027 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 12:08 PM||2266 km||1408 miles||1224 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 11:08 AM||2349 km||1460 miles||1268 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 2:08 PM||2676 km||1663 miles||1445 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:08 PM||2870 km||1784 miles||1550 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:08 PM||3226 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.