Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, May 10, 2013 at 00:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 00:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.70 meters/second, 1543.3 km/hour, 959.0 miles/hour or 833.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.98 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||north||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.1"||958.71 mi||west||0° 05' 28.6"||6.28 mi||north||958.49 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 54.1"||766.13 mi||west||1° 47' 27.7"||123.18 mi||north||772.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 12:08 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:08 PM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 1:08 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:08 PM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:08 PM||2027 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 12:08 PM||2265 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 11:08 AM||2349 km||1459 miles||1268 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 2:08 PM||2676 km||1663 miles||1445 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:08 PM||2870 km||1783 miles||1550 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:08 PM||3225 km||2004 miles||1741 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.