Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, May 10, 2013 at 00:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 00:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.66 meters/second, 1543.2 km/hour, 958.9 miles/hour or 833.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.98 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||north||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.9"||958.69 mi||west||0° 05' 27.6"||6.26 mi||north||958.47 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 50.7"||766.17 mi||west||1° 47' 04.1"||122.74 mi||north||772.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 12:18 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:18 PM||1179 km||732 miles||636 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 1:18 PM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:18 PM||1769 km||1099 miles||955 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 11:18 AM||2100 km||1305 miles||1134 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 12:18 PM||2138 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:18 PM||2150 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:18 PM||2912 km||1810 miles||1573 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Thu 2:18 PM||2954 km||1835 miles||1595 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 10:18 AM||3198 km||1987 miles||1727 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.