Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.59 meters/second, 1542.9 kilometres/hour, 958.7 miles/hour or 833.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.5"||958.46 mi||West||0° 05' 26.0"||6.23 mi||North||958.25 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 45.1"||766.10 mi||West||1° 46' 24.2"||121.97 mi||North||771.96 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 12:38 PM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||WNW|
|Kwajalein||Fri 12:38 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:38 PM||1153 km||716 miles||623 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 11:38 AM||1710 km||1062 miles||923 nm||SW|
|Midway||Thu 1:38 PM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:38 PM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 12:38 PM||2007 km||1247 miles||1084 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:38 PM||2428 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 10:38 AM||2714 km||1687 miles||1466 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:38 PM||3048 km||1894 miles||1646 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.