Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, May 10, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.58 meters/second, 1542.9 km/hour, 958.7 miles/hour or 833.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.98 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||north||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.5"||958.52 mi||west||0° 05' 26.0"||6.23 mi||north||958.30 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 44.9"||766.15 mi||west||1° 46' 21.8"||121.93 mi||north||772.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 12:38 PM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:38 PM||1148 km||713 miles||620 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 11:38 AM||1688 km||1049 miles||912 nm||SW|
|Midway||Thu 1:38 PM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:38 PM||1808 km||1124 miles||977 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 12:38 PM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:38 PM||2447 km||1521 miles||1321 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 10:38 AM||2686 km||1669 miles||1450 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:38 PM||3059 km||1901 miles||1652 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Fri 11:38 AM||3146 km||1955 miles||1698 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.