Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 01:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.44 meters/second, 1542.4 kilometres/hour, 958.4 miles/hour or 832.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.9"||958.13 mi||West||0° 05' 22.7"||6.16 mi||North||957.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 26.3"||766.06 mi||East||1° 44' 59.5"||120.35 mi||North||771.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 1:18 PM||725 km||451 miles||392 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 12:18 PM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||S|
|Majuro||Fri 1:18 PM||1681 km||1044 miles||908 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 11:18 AM||1700 km||1056 miles||918 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 1:18 PM||2128 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:18 PM||2269 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||SE|
|Midway||Thu 2:18 PM||2599 km||1615 miles||1403 nm||ENE|
|Tokyo||Fri 10:18 AM||2852 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Fri 10:18 AM||2971 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 12:18 PM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.